Quick Bits: Jeter, Halladay, FAs, Stimulants, Pedroia, Henry
What’s a baseball blog without a “link dump” of some sort?
- Last night, Derek Jeter accepted SI’s Sportsman of the Year award in Manhattan.
- At the award ceremony, Jeter noted that FAs are “free to call” him about playing in NY.
- When asked about a Roy Halladay trade, Jeter offered high praise for the 32-year old ace.
- Speaking of Halladay, his agents are saying that the Jay is “open to anything,” trade-wise (lies).
- Just a reminder—the Yankees did not offer any of their free agents arbitration (no draft picks).
- Next time we see Dustin Pedroia’s rodent-like mug, will he be playing shortstop for the Red Sox?
- The number of ballplayers authorized to use stimulants for ADHD treatment continues to rise.
- John Henry, who I think looks like a zombie, wants to do away with revenue sharing.
Done dumping (it’s alliteration, not toilet humor). I’ll be back with more later…
Photo by Andrew Walker/Getty Images