Morning Bits: Recap, Posada, Joba, Ellsbury, Miranda, Halladay
Here are a few quick Memorial Day items on the morning:
- Thanks to A.J. Burnett and Mark Teixeira, the Yankees beat Cleveland yesterday, 7-3.
- A.J. Burnett walked 0 batters in his start. The last time he did that was July 23, 2008.
- Jorge Posada has not yet tested his foot with some running, but he could do that today.
- If Posada’s foot responds well to the running, we could actually see him return this week.
- Joba Chamberlain has given up 10 ER over his last 5 IP. Joe Girardi dubs it a “little funk.”
- Tony Massarroti questions Jacoby Ellsbury’s desire to play, calling him high maintenance.
- Chad Jennings has a great piece out on Juan Miranda and his arduous defection process.
- In case you missed it, Roy Halladay actually pitched a perfect game against the Marlins.
Halladay’s perfect game came on Saturday night, as he struck out 11 fish en route to a 1-0 victory.
Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images