Coffee Bits: Jeter, Albaladejo, Burnett, Pavano, A-Rod/Diaz, Montero
After a long weekend, here are a few quick items on the morning:
- SI‘s Jon Heyman writes that the Yankees could up their offer for Derek Jeter to 3-years and $50M.
- Believe it or not, but the Yomiuri Giants reportedly paid the Yankees $1.2M for Jonathan Albaladejo.
- On the 24th, Brian Cashman visited A.J. Burnett in Maryland. He did the “we believe in you” thing.
- Mike Axisa ponders Carl Pavano and whether or not he’d be a good fit with with the 2011 Yankees.
- Hey look at that–it’s a shirtless Alex Rodriguez and a bikini-clad Cameron Diaz. Click away, folks.
- As of yesterday, Jesus Montero, the Yankees resident man-child, is now of legal drinking age.
The 21-year old hit .289/.353/.517 while with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre this past season and is expected to takeover the Yankees’ full-time catching duties from veteran Jorge Posada (who will spend most of 2011 at DH).
Photo via Flickr user randym77